Terms and Conditions
Please read and agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
BUCKS COUNTY WATER & SEWER AUTHORITY ("BCWSA")
Online e-Bill View and e-Bill Payment Service Agreement
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to BCWSA's Online e-Bill View and e-Bill Payment Service. Please review this entire document which will explain the Terms and Conditions of BCWSA's Online Services relating to the benefits and limitations of your agreement with BCWSA to use these Services.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
• When you click the "I Agree" button below, you will be agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, and you will no longer receive a paper bill from BCWSA.
• If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, click the "I Disagree" button which will allow you to stop this process and continue to receive paper bills.
E-Bill View - Viewing your bills through BCWSA Online
• You agree to electronically receive your bill and view your account. You may also receive other information that would have been sent with your BCWSA paper bill, such as bill inserts. However, past due notices will continue to be sent through the United States postal mail. Should that change, we will notify you prior to electronically sending such notices.
E-Bill Payment Service - Paying your bills through BCWSA Online
By consenting to pay your bills electronically you understand and verify that:
• You are providing BCWSA with your bank account information and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You authorize BCWSA or its contractor to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the BCWSA Online Bill Payment Service. When we receive a Payment Instruction, you authorize us to debit your bank account and obtain funds on your behalf. Funds arrive as close to the business day designated by you as reasonably possible. You also authorize the financial institution that holds your bank account to debit your bank account.
• Payment Instructions must be entered prior to the 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time cutoff time to have the payment applied on the same business day. Any payment made after 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time will be applied the next business day. We anticipate most transactions will be processed on your selected payment date, but you understand that some transactions may take additional time to be applied to your account. If you properly follow procedures described herein, including submitting your Payment Instruction prior to the Cutoff Time, and BCWSA fails to process payments according to the Payment Instructions received, BCWSA will reverse any late charges incurred as a result. In any other event, you agree to incur the risk and responsibility for paying any late charges or penalties.
• If you have arranged in advance to make a regular payment from your bank account, you can cancel a payment in a "scheduled" status so long as you cancel the "scheduled" payment before 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
• You are responsible for any fees associated with your bank account. In using BCWSA Online Bill Payment Service, you are requesting the system to make payments for you from your bank account. If we are unable to complete a transaction for any reason associated with your bank account (for example, there are not sufficient funds), the transaction will not be completed and BCWSA may assess late charges or penalties under BCWSA's Rate Resolution.
Consent to Receive Information Electronically
By consenting to receive information electronically you verify that:
• In order to receive this information electronically, and to access and retain any disclosures you receive, you will need a desktop or laptop personal computer with adequate capability with the minimum of a web browser. You must also have the ability to receive and read email.
• You (i) agree to provide true, accurate and current information and to not misrepresent your identify; (ii) acknowledge and agree to receive disclosures electronically and confirm that you will download or print the disclosures for your records; (iii) acknowledge that you can access information that is provided electronically; and (iv) acknowledge that your action constitutes your signature and agreement to these terms and conditions as well as your consent to receive these electronic communications pursuant to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and intend that this statute applies to the fullest extent possible.
Notice of Limitations and Warranties
• BCWSA may use a third party hosted web site to provide Online Services to you. However, technical or other difficulties cannot always be anticipated, which may cause the loss of data or other service interruptions. For this reason, YOU AGREE THAT BCWSA'S ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
• You understand that the information you have chosen to receive is confidential in nature. We are not responsible for unauthorized access by third parties to information and/or communications provided electronically, nor any damages including direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages caused by unauthorized access. We are not responsible for delays in the transmission of any information or for any computer virus or related problems. If your e-mail address changes, you are required to notify us.
All questions about transactions made with the BCWSA Online Services must be directed to BCWSA and not to the bank or other financial institution where you have your bank account. BCWSA is responsible for Online Services and for resolving any errors in transactions.
• If you tell us verbally, we may require that you send your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we receive your call (or where required written document), and if an error has occurred, will correct any error promptly. If we need more time to investigate, we may take up to 45 days, and if we need the extra time, we will credit your bank account after 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time we complete the investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your bank account. You may ask for copies of documents that we used in the investigation.
• In addition, when you receive BCWSA's notice that we will begin sending other information electronically (like application disclosures, Privacy Statement, and billing statements, etc.), you may withdraw your consent to receive such other information electronically at any time. To receive other information in paper form or to withdraw your previously provided consent, please contact us with the specific information you wish to receive in paper form. Your request will only apply to those specific items of information you designate. Or you may choose to un-enroll from BCWSA Online electronically at any time.
• When you un-enroll in BCWSA Online all "scheduled" payments will be terminated. We may terminate the Online Services at any time. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
• You may not assign your rights under this Agreement to use the BCWSA Online Services to any other party. BCWSA may assign this Agreement at our sole discretion or delegate certain rights and/or responsibilities to third parties or vendors/contractors.
• You are responsible for all telephone access fees and/or internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or internet service provider when accessing the BCWSA Online Services.
• This Agreement, including fees and service charges, may be changed by BCWSA from time to time, including the addition of new charges and terms. In such event, BCWSA shall provide notice to you. Any use of the BCWSA Online Services after we provide you with a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such changes. Further, BCWSA may revise or update the programs, services or related material that may render all such prior versions obsolete. BCWSA will notify you of such changes and reserves the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the programs, services, and/or related material and limit access to BCWSA's more recent revisions and updates.
• BCWSA shall not be deemed to have waived any of rights or remedies under this Agreement unless such waiver is written and signed by BCWSA. If we delay or refrain from exercising any rights or remedies under this Agreement, such delay or omission shall not be a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
• The captions of sections hereof are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement - Terms and Conditions.
Bucks County Water and Sewer Authority
1275 Almshouse Road
Warrington, PA 18976
Toll Free: 800-222-2068
10 May 2012