Terms and Conditions
Please read and agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
CITY OF ROCKFORD ONLINE
Agreement - Terms and Conditions
Welcome to City of Rockford's Online Water e-Bill View and Payment Service. Please review this entire document which will explain the Terms and Conditions of the City of Rockford's Online Services relating to the benefits and limitations of your agreement with City of Rockford to use these Services.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
When you click the "I Agree" button below, you will be agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, and you will no longer receive a paper water bill from the City of Rockford.
• If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, click the "I Disagree" button which will allow you to stop this process and continue to receive paper bills.
E-Bill View – Viewing your Water bills through City of Rockford Online
• You agree to electronically receive your water bill and view your account. You may also receive other information that would have been sent with your City of Rockford paper bill, such as bill inserts.
E-Bill Payment Service – Paying your bills through City of Rockford Online
By consenting to pay your bills electronically you understand and verify that:
• You are providing City of Rockford with your bank account or credit account information and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You authorize City of Rockford or its contractor to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the City of Rockford Online Bill Payment Service. When we receive a Payment Instruction, you authorize us to debit your bank account or credit card and obtain funds on your behalf. Funds arrive as close to the business day designated by you as reasonably possible. You also authorize the financial institution that holds your bank or credit card account to debit your bank or credit card account.
• Payment Instructions must be entered prior to the 1:00 p.m. Central Time cutoff time to have the payment applied on the same business day. Any payment made after 1:00 p.m. Central Time will be applied the next business day. We anticipate most transactions will be processed on your selected payment date, but you understand that some transactions may take additional time to be applied to your account. If you properly follow procedures described herein, including submitting your Payment Instruction prior to the Cutoff Time, and City of Rockford fails to process payments according to the Payment Instructions received, City of Rockford will reverse any late charges incurred as a result. In any other event, you agree to incur the risk and responsibility for paying any late charges or penalties.
• If you have arranged in advance to make a regular payment from your bank or credit card account, you can cancel a payment in a "scheduled" status so long as you cancel the "scheduled" payment before 1:00 p.m. Central Time.
• You are responsible for any fees associated with your bank or credit card account. In using City of Rockford Online Bill Payment Service, you are requesting the system to make payments for you from your bank or credit card account. If we are unable to complete a transaction for any reason associated with your bank account (for example, there are not sufficient funds), the transaction will not be completed and City of Rockford may assess late charges or penalties under City of Rockford's Ordinance.
Consent to Receive Information Electronically
By consenting to receive information electronically you verify that:
• In order to receive this information electronically, and to access and retain any disclosures you receive, you will need a desktop or laptop personal computer with a minimum web browser that supports 128 bit encryption. You must also have ability to receive and read email.
• You (i) agree to provide true, accurate and current information and to not misrepresent your identify; (ii) acknowledge and agree to receive disclosures electronically and confirm that you will download or print the disclosures for your records; (iii) acknowledge that you can access information that is provided electronically; and (iv) acknowledge that your action constitutes your signature and agreement to these terms and conditions as well as your consent to receive these electronic communications pursuant to the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and intend that this statute applies to the fullest extent possible.
Notice of Limitations and Warranties
• City of Rockford may use a third party hosted web site to provide Online Services to you. However, technical or other difficulties cannot always be anticipated, which may cause the loss of data or other service interruptions. For this reason, YOU AGREE THAT CITY OF ROCKFORD'S ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
• You understand that the information you have chosen to receive is confidential in nature. We are not responsible for unauthorized access by third parties to information and/or communications provided electronically, nor any damages including direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages caused by unauthorized access. We are not responsible for delays in the transmission of any information or for any computer virus or related problems. If your e-mail address changes, you are required to notify us. All questions about transactions made with the City of Rockford Online Services must be directed to City of Rockford and not to the bank or other financial institution where you have your bank account. City of Rockford is responsible for Online Services and for resolving any errors in transactions.
•When you un-enroll in City of Rockford Online Services all "scheduled" payments will be terminated. We may terminate the Online Services at any time. Neither termination nor discontinuation shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
• You may not assign your rights under this Agreement to use the City of Rockford Online Services to any other party. City of Rockford may assign this Agreement at our sole discretion or delegate certain rights and/or responsibilities to third parties or vendors/contractors.
• You are responsible for all telephone access fees and/or internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or internet service provider when accessing the City of Rockford Online Services.
• This Agreement, including fees and service charges, may be changed by City of Rockford from time to time, including the addition of new charges and terms. In such event, City of Rockford shall provide notice to you. Any use of the City of Rockford Online Services after we provide you with a notice of change will constitute your agreement to such changes. Further, City of Rockford may revise or update the programs, services or related material that may render all such prior versions obsolete. City of Rockford will notify you of such changes and reserves the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the programs, services, and/or related material and limit access to City of Rockford's more recent revisions and updates.
• City of Rockford shall not be deemed to have waived any of rights or remedies under this Agreement unless such waiver is written and signed by City of Rockford. If we delay or refrain from exercising any rights or remedies under this Agreement, such delay or omission shall not be a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
Information Gathering and Cookies
If you visit our website to read or download information, such as schedules, forms or permits, we capture and store only the domain name of your computer (for example, aol.com), your browser type and version, and other related information to speed up the performance of web page delivery. All information is deleted from your cache memory when you close the session and leave our site. We collect no other personal information.
We do not use or set cookies on our website to store any information on your personal computer hard drive. A cookie is a very small text file inserted onto your computer by a website that you visit. When you return to the website, the cookie is then read by the site's web server. Cookies are used for many things, from making web sites more personal to tracking your web browsing habits.
The City of Rockford allows citizens to submit service requests and allows job applicants to apply for City jobs on-line. Any information submitted online is subject to the same privacy policies as if you had engaged in these activities over the phone or in person, rather than over the Internet.
Sending the City of Rockford Email
We value your feedback. If you send the City of Rockford an email with questions or comments about our programs or services, we do collect your email address and any other information that you volunteer.
Sale of Data
We do not sell data for direct mail or advertising purposes.
Other Web Sites
This site contains links to other sites. The City of Rockford is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
If you have additional questions or comments of any kind, if you see anything on the Web Site that you think is inappropriate, please let us know by e-mail or by sending your comments or requests to:
City of Rockford
425 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61104